Monday, January 26, 2009

Meet ATRU Staff Member Amanda Martinez, Development Associate

You've just made a generous donation to the Auditorium. But who makes sure your name is in the program, opens the Adler Room during intermission, and keeps track of your donor privileges? Amanda Martinez does all of the above and much more! Today, she takes time out of her busy day to tell us a little more about herself.

ATRU: Tell us about what you do at the Auditorium.
AM: As the Development Associate, one of my major responsibilities is to track all the generous gifts made to the Auditorium and ensure that each donor is personally thanked by our Executive Director, Brett Batterson. Additionally, I am available to answer any donor-related questions, including questions about our exceptional donor benefits such as the Adler Society. I am also very proud to be part of the team that coordinates our Gala benefit every year.

ATRU: What do you enjoy about working at the Auditorium?
AM:
Working at the Auditorium has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to meet a diverse group of donors and patrons. I enjoy discussing all the good work the staff at the Auditorium does to ensure we provide the best in entertainment. Additionally, I get to experience a wide assortment of high quality productions!

ATRU: What is your favorite show of the season?
AM:
My favorite show is Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. I love watching dance in general, but the Ailey performers are absolutely amazing and the music is wonderful! My favorite piece is of course, Revelations. I am looking forward to seeing it again in April!

ATRU: What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
AM: I enjoy spending time with friends and family, watching old movies and trying to travel as much as possible!

If you ever want to talk with Amanda (particularly about making a donation), she'd love to hear from you! Feel free to contact her at 312.922.2110 ext. 368 or amartinez@auditoriumtheatre.org.

No comments:

Disqus for Auditorium Theatre Blog