Monday, February 2, 2009

Batsheva Dance Company - What Is "Deca Dance"


Here is how Batsheva Dance Company's Artistic Director Ohad Naharin describes his work "Deca Dance," which will be performed this weekend at the Auditorium:


"Deca Dance is not a new work. It is more about reconstruction: I like to take pieces or sections of existing works and rework it, reorganize it and create the possibility to look at it from a new angle. It always teaches me something new about my work and composition. In "Deca Dance" I took sections from different works. It was like I was telling only either the beginning, middle or ending of many stories but when I organized it the result became as coherent as the original if not more."
Saturday and Sunday's "Deca Dance" performance will include excerpts from the following works by Naharin:
B/olero (2008)
Telophaza (2006)
George & Zalman (2006)
Three (2005)
Zachacha (1998)
Anaphaza (1993)
Mabul (1992)

Tickets for Saturday at 7:30 and Sunday at 2pm are available by phone at 312.902.1500, online or at our box office at 50 E. Congress Parkway.

No comments:

Disqus for Auditorium Theatre Blog