Tuesday, April 28, 2009
The student matinees are:
Miami City Ballet
Friday, October 2 at 11am
A lecture demonstration narrated by Artistic Director Edward Villella. Selections from the following: Black Swan pas de deux, Tarantella, Western Symphony, Stars & Stripes pas de deux and Company B Highlights.
Available for groups elementary through college. $10 per person.
Too Hot to Handel: The Jazz-Gospel Messiah
Friday, January 15 at 11am
Students are invited to observe a portion of the dress rehearsal., including the "Hallelujah Chorus."
Available for groups elementary through high school. $10 per person.
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
Thursday, March 25 at 11am
Friday, March 26 at 11am
Ailey student matinees have sold out the last few years, so we have added a second student peformance! Includes Revelations and an excerpt of another piece.
Available for groups elementary through high school. $12 per person.
(A one-time $10 handling fee is applied to each group.)
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Miami City Ballet tickets are currently available for groups of 10+ and renewing subscribers; call 312.431.2357 for details.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet will perform at the Auditorium November 14 and 15, 2009. We're currently renewing subscriptions and groups of 10 or more. New subscriptions go on sale May 18. Single tickets will be available in June for the fall shows, and September for the winter and spring. Please call 312.431.2357 for more information on subscriptions and groups.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
- Joan Curto with Beckie Menzie - Shaking the Blues Away: Saturday, June 27 at 8 p.m.
- Megon McDonough - An Evening with Megon McDonough: Saturday, July 18 at 8 p.m.
- Susan Werner - Classics: Thursday, August 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- Tom Wopat - Love Swings: Saturday, September 12 at 8 p.m.
Photo: Tom Wopat
- Miami City Ballet, October 2-4
- Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet, November 14 & 15
- Too Hot to Handel: The Jazz-Gospel Messiah, January 16 & 17
- Ballet Folklorico de Mexico de Amalia Hernandez, March 13 & 14
- Tchaikovsky Ballet Sleeping Beauty, March 20 & 21
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, March 24-28
Right now, we're doing subscription renewals and groups of 10 or more. New subscriptions go on sale May 18. Single tickets will be available in June for the fall shows, and September for the winter and spring. For information on subscriptions and groups, call 312.431.2357.
Photo: Miami City Ballet.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Public Enemies, starring Johnny Depp, Christian Bale and Marion Cotillard, filmed a few scenes at the Auditorium last summer. In this trailer, you can see our lobby at about the 23 second mark!