Monday, January 12, 2009

Meet ATRU Staff Member CJ Dillon: Front of House Manager

Did you know that someone's watching out for you every time you visit the theatre?

That's right, C.J. Dillon, our Front of House Manager works at EVERY show to make sure you are safe and enjoying the performances. He works tirelessly to make sure you find your seats, are comfortable and the theatre lobby is a fun environment - all with a funny sense of humor to boot!

C.J. tells us about his interesting career in theatre, his job at the Auditorium and more.

ATRU: Tell us a little bit about your history in the Chicago theatre community.
C.J: My work in theatre in Chicago began with an internship in theatre management at the Oriental Theatre while I was studying at Roosevelt University. Following my internship, I held a number of positions in theatres such as the Goodman and the Royal George Theatre. I settled with BIC for 4 years managing the Front of House Operations. I left BIC to work as the Assistant Company Manager of a production in Las Vegas, We Will Rock You. Currently, I've been at the Auditorium now for over a year!

ATRU: Tell us about your job at the Auditorium.
C.J: My job focuses primarily on customer service. As the Front of House Manager I am responsible for the safety, comfort and enjoyment of all patrons. I manage our paid usher staff as well as our large force of volunteers, making sure they are providing the first-class customer service one expects from a historic institution such as the Auditorium.

ATRU: What is your favorite feature of the theatre?
C.J: My favorite part of this theatre is its versatility. Broadway, dance, rock concerts, events, receptions - this theatre was even a bowling alley for servicemen during World War II!!! It truly is an amazing building - everwhere you look you see history.

ATRU: Which show are you most excited about for the 2008-2009 season?
C.J: Alvin Ailey is going to be fabulous!!! It's their 50th, so you know they're going to pull out all the stops - including an exclusive performance by Sweet Honey In The Rock on opening night.

No comments:

Disqus for Auditorium Theatre Blog