Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trés Chic! Three Reasons, I Loved Moulin Rouge® - The Ballet

By Nicole Wetzell, Sales Manager



This spring, I experienced Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet in Moulin Rouge® - The Ballet. This story ballet was thrilling, and I’m excited that you’ll have the opportunity to experience it this weekend. But, there were three things I especially enjoyed:
  • The Music: I am a classical music maven, so you can imagine how happy I was when the ballet opened to La Vie en Rose by Edith Piaf, the main characters Nathalie and Mathiew danced to Claire de Lune by Claude DeBussy and finally when the ensemble danced to the rousing Can Can by Jacques Offenbach plus many more of my favorites including pieces by Maurice Ravel, Dmitri Shostakovich and Richard Strauss. 
  • The Sets: The first thing I thought as the curtain opened was that the sets will look awesome on our stage. It’s no wonder, a few months later I learned that the Moulin Rouge cabaret and the Auditorium Theatre were built in the same year, 1889.
  • The Story: Who doesn’t love a…well…love story? Plus, there’s a fun scene that includes the Green Fairy.
I hope to see you in the theatre in this weekend, and can’t wait to hear about your trés chic Auditorium experience.

A city girl with small town flare, Nicole Wetzell serves at the Auditorium as the Sales Manager where she delights in connecting with patrons and assisting them to create unique Auditorium experiences. Contact Nicole at nwetzell@auditoriumtheatre.org.

No comments:

Disqus for Auditorium Theatre Blog