Thursday, October 4, 2012

Preparing for Ballet Folklórico (in the kitchen!)

By: Judie Moore Green, Chief Development Officer

The Auditorium Theatre is buzzing with excitement as we prepare for the arrival of Ballet Folklórico de México de Amalia Hernández for their performances this weekend.  Our box office is preparing seats for our audiences while our technical crew prepares the stage and lighting for the dancers.  While I won't bore you with the details of my day to day office preparation, I wanted to fill you in on a secret way that I prepare for a weekend of performances - in the kitchen!

Planning for Ballet Folklórico de México has put me (and my stomach) in the Mexican spirit!  I am planning on cooking one of my favorite recipes tonight and wanted to share it with you as well; comment and let me know what you think and share your favorite recipes as well!




Ballet Folklórico de México de Amalia Hernández


Venue: Auditorium Theatre
Dates: Saturday, October 6 - Sunday, October 7, 2012
Times: Saturday at 7:30 pm, Sunday at 3:00 pm
Price: $74-$30
Journey through the past with Ballet Folklórico de México, performing the dancing traditions of Mexico for 60 years. Credited as the Cultural Representative of Mexico to the world, Ballet Folklórico offers a lively performance that is full of movement, rhythm and technical perfection.
Phone: 800.982.ARTS (2787) | Box Office: 50 E. Congress Pkwy. | Groups of 10+ 312.431.2357


No comments:

Disqus for Auditorium Theatre Blog