Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why I Love "The Devil’s Ball"


By Julia Nash, Junior Board Member


The Auditorium Theatre lobby never ceases to amaze me.  I've taken in the ornate decor and stunning 19th century architecture countless times for various shows, programs, parties and celebrations at the theatre, but never have I been quite so blown away as I was at last year's "Devil's Ball."  As a member of the hosting Junior Board, my love for the event last year was twofold; not only was it fundraising success for the theatre, one of Chicago's oldest national landmarks and architectural masterpieces, but seeing the lobby come alive with a new generation of supporters experiencing the building and having a great time made it truly unforgettable.  It was a great event for the theatre, and one of the most fun nights I've had out in the city to date!

This year we're bringing "The Devil's Ball" back with all the style and panache of last year's event, plus a few new surprises.  Highlights of last year's party for me included the DJ & dancing, Smilebooth, the silent auction & wine auction, as well as the most coveted of all features, backstage tours of the theatre!  I was pleasantly surprised when so many of my friends told me what a great time they had touring the theatre.  It meant a lot to me that, more than just being a really great time, people got to see the theatre I love so much in all of its 3,500 light bulb decorated glory.   It's a rare opportunity to step backstage in a theatre that's almost 125 years old, and this year we're making sure these tours are accessible again, so be sure not to miss it when you arrive.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention what a great, sophisticated crowd of Chicagoans (and out-of-towners!) the ball drew last year, and is sure to expand on this September.  I loved getting to meet the other ball-goers who share interests in either the architecture, programming, history or even just curiosity about this incredible Chicago landmark.  Dressed to impress and ready to party in a location fit for the cause, seeing the Auditorium lobby buzz with new energy and awestruck faces was the highlight of last year's "Devil's Ball" for me.  The Junior Board has been working hard this year to make sure this "Devil's Ball" is all that and more, and we hope to see as many of you there as possible!  And don’t miss out – tickets are just $65 if you buy before September 13th.  Donations are also welcome.  See the Auditorium Theatre "Devil's Ball" site for details.

----

The Devil's Ball
Presented by the Auditorium Theatre Junior Board

Venue: Auditorium Theatre Lobby
Dates: Friday, September 28, 2012
Times: 7:30 pm
Price: $65
Save the date to join the Auditorium Theatre Junior Board for the second annual Devil's Ball. The evening includes cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, live DJ, theatre tours, auction and the return of the ever popular Smilebooth!

Tickets:
$65 until September 13
$75 from September 14 - September 27
$85 at the door (cash only)
Use code word BALL when purchasing

No comments:

Disqus for Auditorium Theatre Blog