Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Intern Intros - Meet Kay!

Hi! I’m Kay and I am the Arts Management intern this summer at the Auditorium Theatre. I’m a senior at Indiana University majoring in Arts Management with Dance and Business minors. I just spent the past semester studying abroad in jolly ol’ London, which was by far one of the best times of my life. I’m originally from Evanston so I love coming back and spending my summers in Chicago. So far working at the Auditorium has been amazing! They let us experience so many things while interning.

One of the coolest things I’ve done so far is getting a complete tour of the theatre. I work in the administrative offices so I don’t spend a lot of time in the theatre itself. It is clearly an extremely beautiful theatre, but it looks even cooler from inside the ceiling. Yup, when I say complete tour I mean every nook and cranny. Believe it or not there is a lot of space above those pretty gold arches.

The view from above.

It has also been great working under my supervisor, Jen, who is the General Manager of the theatre. I don’t think I will ever fully grasp everything that she is involved with. It’s great getting to work with and shadow her seeing as this is exactly the sort of position I would be interested in working in in the future.

As has been previously stated by my fellow interns, working at the Auditorium Theatre has been fulfilling already. It’s nice getting experience that will really benefit my future. Besides this experience we’ve also been able to leave our mark on the theatre. Literally, go up to the lounge outside the top two balconies and check out those posters hanging on the wall, the mighty craftsmanship of interns.

No comments:

Disqus for Auditorium Theatre Blog